2014-06-09 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org
* Released v7.0.0.
2014-05-26 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com
* mkvmerge: enhancement: In addition to the track statistics tags Â»BPSÂ«, Â»DURATIONÂ«, Â»NUMBER_OF_BYTESÂ« and Â»NUMBER_OF_FRAMESÂ« mkvmerge will write two more tags identifying which application wrote the statistics (Â»_STATISTICS_WRITING_APPÂ«) and when the file in question was written: Â»_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTCÂ«. Â»_STATISTICS_WRITING_APPÂ« will always contain the same string contained in the segment info header element Â»WritingAppÂ«. Â»_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTCÂ« will contain the same timestamp as in the segment info header element Â»DateÂ«, though Â»_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTCÂ« is actually a string representation instead of an integer value.
Additionally a tag named Â»_STATISTICS_TAGSÂ« is written containing the names of the tags that mkvmerge has set automatically. It equals the following currently: Â»BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_BYTES NUMBER_OF_FRAMESÂ«.
* build system: Boost's "date/time" library is now required.
2014-05-25 John Peebles <firstname.lastname@example.org
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If a single subtitle track contains two or more entries at the same timecode then the cue duration and cue relative position elements written were wrong.
2014-05-24 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com
* mkvinfo: bug fix: fixed wrong progress percentage shown during saving the information to text files. Fixes #1016.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added a global option for disabling writing the tags with statistics for each track: --disable-track-specific-tags.
2014-05-20 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org
* mkvmerge: new feature: When identifying a Matroska file in verbose identification mode track-specific tags will be output as well. The format is Â»tag_<tag name in lower case>:<tag value>Â», e.g. for a tag named Â»BPSÂ« with the value Â»224000Â« the output would be Â»tag_bps:224000Â«. Enhancement for #1021.
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will write track-specific tags with statistics (Â»BPSÂ« for the average number of bits per second, Â»DURATIONÂ« for the duration, Â»NUMBER_OF_BYTESÂ« and Â»NUMBER_OF_FRAMESÂ« for the track's size in bytes and its number of frames/packets). Implements #1021.
2014-05-18 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Changed the file type detection order again. The text subtitle formats are now probed after those binary formats that can be detected quickly and unambiguously. This avoids some mis-detection if e.g. Matroska files as ASS text subtitles if they do contain such a track.
* mmg: enhancement: The chapter editor will only use fast-mode parsing when loading chapters from Matroska files.
2014-05-14 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org
* all: bug fix: fixed invalid memory access in the cleanup procedures which only occurred if the output was redirected with the Â»--redirect-outputÂ« command line parameter.
2014-05-04 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com
* mkvmerge: enhancement: The last chapter entry read from MPLS files is removed if it is at most five seconds long. Patch by Andrew Dvorak (see AUTHORS).
* mkvmerge: enhancement: added the attachment UID to the verbose identification output of Matroska files.
2014-04-21 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org
* mmg: bug fix: Selecting a subtitle track correctly sets the Â»character setÂ« drop-down box if no character set was set for this track. Fixes #1008.
* mmg: enhancement: the subtitle character set cannot be set anymore for subtitle tracks read from Matroska files as mkvmerge ignores that setting for said container anyway (text subs are always encoded in UTF-8 in Matroska).
2014-04-20 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com
* mmg: enhancement: mmg will look for the Â»mkvmergeÂ« executable in the same directory as the Â»mmgÂ« executable is located it if the location hasn't been set by the user on all operating systems (before: only on Windows). Improves detection if Â»mkvmergeÂ« is not in the $PATH.
2014-04-18 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org